Saturday, June 6, 2009

VIP for an Afternoon

Liz had a wonderful birthday on my second day of Christchurch. The weather was so miserable that my camera didn't end up coming out of the bag. However, we managed to fill up the day, shopping (highlight was a pair of woollen witches britches, and a pair of leather boots!), lunching with Liz's friends for a birthday lunch, and then a birthday dinner - Vietnamese Steamboat that Pat cooked up. Boy can Pat cook up a storm. It was the best meal I have ever had.

The following day Liz took Pat and I to the netball. She had been given VIP tickets, which meant we had wonderful seats courtside, and were able to drink wine and champagne, and were served food throughout the game. We were up one end of the goal and so I took a few photos...

Tactix - warming up (Christchurch team was Tactix so that is the team I supported - just as well they weren't playing Auckland!)



The start of the game with the team supporting each other..



Defence - look they're all legs and arms!



Julie Seymour is still in prime fitness, even though she's had two children and is now in her 30's. She's always a joy to watch on the court - and Centre is such a demanding position.



Oooooooo - cat fight...



This is why Tactix won...



And while this game was going on we were scoffing these..



Washed down with this...




It felt funny eating in front of so many people.. And everytime there was a goal the crowds went wild...



All in all - a wonderful afternoon - not bad being a VIP once in a while!

3 comments:

sara said...

Lovely photos on this post and the previous one. I've never heard of netball. Had to look it up.

Morgan said...

Into sports photography now huh? :-) Great shots. I quite like watching netball. These capture the action nicely.

Anonymous said...

@Sara - Thank you, glad you learnt about Netball!

@Bronwyn - I was trying - only one or two of the images were good, but I put them up anyway!